What to Bring
Get ready for a visit to one of best family vacation spots in the US!
“What do I need to bring?” is a common question we hear from new guests coming to our dude ranch (one of the very best family vacation spots in the US). Here’s what to bring on your awesome upcoming vacation:
- Hat: For the sun and style.
- Jeans: best for horseback riding.
- Footwear: Boots with heel for riding, Shoes or good sandals for hiking and canoeing. The barn has a basketball court, so if your interested throw in the athletic shoes too.
- Socks: bring plenty.
- Layers: For sun and brush protection and varied conditions. Long and short sleeve shirts.
- Light Jacket/ rain gear: rides go rain or shine- weather is unpredictable.
- Flashlights/headlamps: night hikes, bug hunts, and finding your cabin in the dark (we sell black diamond headlamps at the Trading Co.).
- Swimsuit: Pool, hot tub, canoeing or river swimming.
- Summer Clothing: shorts, cool and comfortable for hikes or climbing.
Note: There is a washer and dryer available for your convenience (detergent provided).
Other Handy Stuff:
- Personal toiletry items
- Sunglass lanyard
- Prescription medications
- Hand lotion
- Allergies? We have dust, hair, and everything green here…
The Most Important Answer to the “What to Bring to a Dude Ranch” Question:
Be sure you bring an adventurous attitude because you’re about to experience one of the best family vacation spots in the US!