What to Bring to a Dude Ranch
“What do I need to bring?” is a common question we hear from new guests coming to our dude ranch. Here’s what to bring to a dude ranch (ours, anyway):
- Hat: For the sun and style
- Jeans: best for horseback riding
- Footwear: Boots with heel for riding, Shoes or good sandals for hiking and canoeing. The barn has a basketball court, so if your interested throw in the athletic shoes too.
- Socks: bring plenty.
- Layers: For sun and brush protection and varied conditions. Long and short sleeve shirts
- Light Jacket/ rain gear: rides go rain or shine- weather is unpredictable
- Flashlights/headlamps: night hikes, bug hunts, and finding your cabin in the dark (we sell black diamond/petzl lamps at the Trading Co.)
- Swimsuit: Pool, hot tub, river swim or canoeing
- Summer Clothing: shorts, cool and comfortable for hikes or climbing
Note: There is a washer and dryer available for your convenience (detergent provided)
Other Handy Stuff:
- Personal toiletry items
- Prescription medications
- Hand lotion
- Allergies? We have dust, hair, and everything green here…
The Most Important Answer to the “What to Bring to a Dude Ranch” Question
Be sure you bring an adventurous attitude!!